Browse Recipes By Products:
Spiced Raisin Loaf
A nice variation to banana bread, serve warm with butter.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) seedless raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, margarine or shortening
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with solid hydrogenated shortening. Dust with flour and shake out excess. Set covered pot on base and preheat at setting #5 while mixing ingredients.
- In 1 quart saucepan, bring raisins and water to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter or margarine.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift flour with sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add cooled raisin mixture and mix only until ingredients are moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pours batter into pan. Place pan on pot.
- Cover and bake at Setting #5 for 2 hours. Do not remove cover during this time. To test for doneness at the end of recommended baking time, insert a metal cake tester in several places including center of cake. If cake tester comes out clean, cake is done. If batter clings to cake tester continue baking for 15 minutes intervals. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and cool on rack. Frost if desired.
- Makes a 1-1/2 pound cake.