Browse Recipes By Products:
Cranberry-Orange Nut Bread
A moist quick bread with a faint hint of orange flavor and tangy of bits of cranberries.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ cup orange juice
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with solid hydrogenated shortening. Dust with flour and shake out excess. Set covered pot on base and preheat at setting #5 while mixing ingredients.
- Grind cranberries and walnut with coarse blade of food chopper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter or margarine to form a coarse mixture. Make an indentation in mixture and add egg, orange peel and orange juice. Beat only until lumps disappear.
- Add chopped cranberries and walnuts. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pours batter into pan.
- Place pan on pot. Cover and bake at Setting #5 for 2 hours. Do not remove cover during this time. To test for doneness at the end of recommended baking time, insert a metal cake tester in several places including center of cake. If cake tester comes out clean, cake is done. If batter clings to cake tester continue baking for 15 minutes intervals.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and cool on rack. Frost if desired.
Makes a 1-1/2 pound cake.