Browse Recipes By Products:
Pressure Cooker Pork Roast
For use in 6 Qt. Pressure Cookers.
- 3 - 3½ lb. Pork shoulder roast
- 1 tsp. Caraway seed, crushed
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 med. Onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Water
- ¾ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 3 med. Cooking apples, wedged
- Mix crushed caraway, garlic, salt, and pepper; set aside. Trim fat from the roast and pat the roast dry. Rub mixed spices onto the roast.
- Add vegetable oil to the cooking vessel and use “Brown” setting to brown all sides of the roast. Once browned, remove the meat and drain any grease.
- Place the rack into the cooking vessel, place the roast onto the rack. Add the water, cider, and apple and onion
- wedges. Securely close lid to locked position, set pressure limiting valve to “Airtight”. Follow basic directions for pressure cooking, and cook at high pressure for 45 minutes.