Browse Recipes By Products:
Maggie's Paprika Chicken
For use in 6 Qt. Pressure Cookers.
3 lb. Chicken breast or chicken pieces
¾ tsp. Salt (divided)
½ tsp. Ground pepper
2 tbsp. Oil
1 tbsp. Butter
4 cups Onions, finely diced
Pinch of sugar
1 cup Red bell pepper, diced
½ Green bell pepper, diced
2 tbsp. Tomato paste
2 tbsp. Sweet paprika
1 tsp. Crushed red pepper
1 tsp Dried marjoram (optional)
1 cup Reduced sodium chicken broth
½ cup sour cream
1 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- Season chicken with ½ tsp salt and pepper
- On “Brown” setting, heat oil and butter. Add onions and sprinkle with sugar- sauté with wooden spoon until onions are soft and light brown. Remove.
- Brown chicken a few pieces at a time. Remove.
- Stir in sautéed onions, bell peppers, tomato paste, paprika, and crushed red pepper. Add the chicken broth, marjoram and chicken and stir.
- Lock the cover into cooking position and follow directions for cooking. Cook on “High Pressure” for 10 minutes.
- Just before chicken is done, whisk together sour cream, flour, and the remaining ¼ tsp salt in a small bowl until smooth.
- When the chicken is done, remove chicken. Stir the sour cream mixture into the sauce and heat mixture on “Brown” setting until the sauce coats the spoon. Return chicken to the sauce and heat for another minute.