Browse Recipes By Products:
- ½ lb. Andouille, or other smoked sausage, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 Scallions, thinly sliced, separate green parts from white
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp. Dry thyme leaves
- 2½ lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1” pieces
- 2 ribs Celery, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 Green pepper, seeded and diced
- ¾ lb. fresh Okra, or 1 - 10oz. package frozen okra, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 - 15oz. can Diced tomatoes
- 1 - 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add oil to the cooking vessel and brown the sausage and chicken on both sides. When sausage is browned, remove meat from the cooking vessel and drain any grease.
- Add scallion whites and garlic to the cooking vessel and cook at “Brown” for about one minute, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, celery, green pepper, okra, chicken, and sausage to the cooking vessel. Pour the tomatoes on top; do not stir. Note: if using frozen okra, allow to thaw a little before cooking.
- Securely close lid to locked position, set pressure limiting valve to “Airtight”. Follow basic directions for pressure cooking, and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- After venting steam, remove bay leaves from the gumbo. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the scallion greens and parsley just before serving. We recommend serving the gumbo with rice.