Browse Recipes By Products:
Mini Spicy Pepita Popcorn Balls
A twist on our favorite popcorn ball.
- 7 cups popcorn, popped
- ½ cup pepitas / hulled pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup heavy cream, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- additional butter for forming balls.
- Follow basic directions to pop popcorn. Set popcorn aside in a large mixing bowl and let appliance cool completely. Turn selection knob to “nuts” setting to roast pepitas until they pop, scraping sides with a wooden spoon as needed, about 4 minutes. Turn selection knob to “OFF,” unplug from outlet, and remove pepitas from appliance to popcorn, set aside.
- Turn selection knob to “nuts,” add sugar and corn syrup to heating base. Let mixture cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Add butter and salt into the sugar mixture. Gradually pour in the room temperature heavy cream and vanilla. The mixture will bubble up. Continue to cook about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and cayenne.
- Turn selection knob to “OFF,” add popcorn to the heating base, then cover. Turn selection knob to “nuts.” Once coated, turn appliance “OFF,” unplug from outlet, and remove from appliance to serving bowl. When mixture is cool enough to handle, coat your hands with some butter and shape into 2 inch balls, place on waxed paper.