Browse Recipes By Products:
Caramel Pretzel Nut Popcorn
Nice variation to snacking. Make some tonight!
- 2 qt. popcorn, popped
- ½ cup salted pretzels, broken
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup corn cereal squares
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ heaping teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ heaping teaspoon baking soda
- Follow basic directions to pop popcorn. Set popcorn aside in a large mixing bowl and add nuts, cereal, pretzels, and popcorn. Let appliance cool completely.
- Cut butter into small chunks, turn selection knob to “nuts,” and add butter to heating base, do not cover. Once butter has melted, add the light corn syrup and cook for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add brown sugar and salt to the heating base and let cook for about 8 minutes.
- Turn selection knob to “OFF,” add vanilla and baking soda and stir into mixture with a non-metallic utensil. Once completely mixed, turn appliance “OFF,” unplug from outlet, and pour heated mixture over popcorn. Carefully break apart and let cool on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper.