Browse Recipes By Products:
Jumping Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 whole jalapeno peppers with stems
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half cross-wise
- Preheat the West Bend® Platinum Edition™ Grill/Griddle to 350°F. Mix together the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and cheddar cheese in a bowl until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Lay a jalapeno pepper onto a work surface, and cut a lengthwise sliver from the side of the pepper, exposing the seeds and white membrane. With the handle of a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds and membrane, leaving the hollow pepper. Repeat for the rest of the peppers.
- Chop up the pepper slivers, and mix into the cheese stuffing.
- Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture, then wrap each stuffed pepper in a half bacon slice; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill the poppers until the peppers are hot and juicy and the bacon is browned, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and rotate with stem if necessary.
yield: 8 servings