Browse Recipes By Products:
Basic Dinner Rolls/Bread Sticks
Make this basic dough and shape into your favorite dinner rolls, such as cloverleaf, crescent, and parker or even bread sticks for fun!
- 8 ounces (1 cup) water, 75-85°F
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast - or -
- 1½ teaspoons bread machine/fast rise yeast
- softened butter or slightly beaten egg white
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of them into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make an indentation in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.
- Select desired setting. Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. When dough is done, turn breadmaker off and unlock and remove the bread pan. Place dough onto floured surface. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Finish as desired. Place on greased baking pans or sheets, cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Brush with butter or slightly beaten egg white and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces.Roll each piece into a circle ¼-inch thick.
- Cut each circle into 6 pie shaped wedges.
- Roll each wedge from wide end to narrow tip.
- Curve ends to form crescent.
- Place on greased cookie sheets, about 1-inch apart. Cover and let rise until double in size.
Makes 2 dozen.
- Divide dough into 54 equal sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place 3 balls into a greased muffin cup.
- Brush with softened butter.
- Cover and let rise until double in size.
Makes 1-1/2 dozen.