Browse Recipes By Products:
Swiss Cheese Fondue
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2¼ cups dry white wine
- 6 cups (1½ lbs.) shredded Swiss cheese
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons Kirshwasser or brandy
- Rub inside of Fondue Pot with garlic clove halves. Discard garlic.
- Pour wine into Fondue Pot. Heat at SIMMER setting until wine bubbles, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not allow wine to boil.
- In bowl, toss cheese with baking soda and flour.
- Add cheese mixture, ¼ cup at a time, to hot wine. Stir in figure-eight motion until evenly blended and melted.
- Add cayenne pepper, garlic salt and Kirshwasser or brandy. Stir until blended. Heat 5 minutes to develop flavors. Keep setting at SIMMER.
- For serving, spear cubes of rye or French bread with fondue forks. Dip into fondue and swirl in figure-eight otion.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.