Browse Recipes By Products:
Henry’s Mild Chili Sauce
This recipe is an old family recipe, submitted by one of our favorite Facebook fans!
- 4 cups diced tomatoes with juice (⅜” to ½” pieces)
- ¼ large onion, finely diced
- ¼ large green pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Add all ingredients to bread pan and run breadmaker on the “Jam” setting. For a thicker sauce, run it through the “Jam” cycle twice. Also, the flavor of your chili sauce can be altered by using different types of vinegar, such as malt, balsamic, or red wine.
Henry says that this sauce makes a great condiment for eggs, hotdogs, hamburgers & sandwiches, potatoes, or even as a chip dip!