Browse Recipes By Products:
Beef Cube Marinade
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 pounds cubed sirloin steak
- 3½ cups vegetable oil for Fondue Pot
- In small bowl combine vinegar, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and ¾ cup oil. Blend well.
- Pour marinade over beef cubes in large container. Stir to coat beef cubes. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- One half hour before serving, thoroughly drain and dry beef cubes. Place on lettuce or parsley lined platter. Blot meat dry again, just before cooking.
- Pour oil into Fondue Pot and place pot on counter or table where it will be used. Place fork ring securely on pot, if included. Heat oil at 375°F/191°C setting until signal light goes out, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- For serving, spear one cube of beef onto each fondue fork and gently place into hot oil. Rest forks in fork ring slots, if included, or on edge of pot while cooking. Do not use more than 8 fondue forks at one time. Cook until meat is brown and cooked to desired doneness, about 30 seconds for rare, 45 seconds for medium and 60 seconds for well done.
- When cooked, remove forks by grasping handle, transfer to plate and remove meat. Serve with desired sauce. Repeat fondue procedure.
- After meat is cooked, turn Fondue Pot OFF, unplug cord from electrical outlet and allow to cool before moving. If pot must be moved prior to cooling, first remove heat control using caution, as portions of heat control may be hot.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.