Browse Recipes By Products:
Vanilla Ice Cream
For use in 4 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1½ tbsp Corn Starch
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 7 cups Milk
- 5 Eggs, beaten
- 1½ tbsp Vanilla
- 2¾ cups Heavy Cream
- 1½ cups Half and Half
- Mix the sugar, corn starch, and salt in a large saucepan. Over medium heat, slowly stir in the milk, stirring constantly.
- Very slowly add the beaten eggs and continue to stir. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Slowly add vanilla, half and half, and heavy cream.
- Pour into a large glass bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until mixture has chilled.
- Remove from refrigerator. Pour mixture into the freezing canister and follow the directions in the “Using Your Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Maker™” section. Do not fill the freezing canister above the “MAX” line, as the mixture will expand during freezing.