Browse Recipes By Products:
Sweet Corn Ice Cream
For use in 4 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
2 cups Heavy Cream
3 cups Milk
4 ears Sweet Corn, shucked, save kernels, cut cobs into 1-inch pieces
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
12 Egg Yolks
⅔ cup plus ½ cup Sugar
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and corn cobs. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove corn cobs with a slotted spoon.
- Whisk the egg yolks and ⅔ cup sugar together in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the hot cream mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and stir over low heat for 1 minute, until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water, ½ cup sugar and the corn kernels to a simmer, cooking until kernels are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the corn mixture to the custard.
- Allow it to cool overnight in a bowl with a piece of plastic wrap against the top to prevent a skin from forming.
- Pour mixture into the freezing canister and follow the directions in the “Using Your Ice Cream Maker” section. Do not fill the freezing canister above the “MAX” line, as the mixture will expand during freezing.