Browse Recipes By Products:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
For use in 4 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
- 2⅔ cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 6 cups Milk
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1⅓ cups Half and Half
- 1½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Peanut Butter or melted Peanut Butter Chips
- Mix the sugar, corn starch, and salt in a large saucepan. Over medium heat, slowly stir in the milk, stirring constantly.
- Very slowly, add the beaten eggs and continue to stir. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Slowly stir in peanut butter and whisk until all peanut butter is combined and mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add vanilla, half and half, and heavy cream.
- Pour into a large glass bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until mixture has chilled.
- Remove from refrigerator. Pour mixture into the freezing canister and follow the directions in the “Using Your Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Maker™” section. Do not fill the freezing canister above the “MAX” line, as the mixture will expand during freezing.
- Stir in chocolate chips once ice cream is finished churning and stir evenly.