Browse Recipes By Products:
Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 angel food cake (1 pound)
- 32 strawberries (2 pounds), hulled to create a V-shaped hollow
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Using a mixer, beat whipping cream, sour cream, sugar, and lemon zest until thick enough to hold a shape. Chill in the refrigerator while you prepare kebabs.
- Cut cake into approximately 32 1.5 inch chunks.
- Put strawberries in a large bowl. Warm jam in a separate microwave-safe bowl until bubbling, about 30 seconds. Add jam to strawberries, cover, and toss to coat evenly.
- Hold a pair of bamboo skewers so they’re slightly separated and thread a chunk of cake onto them, then a berry crosswise, then another chunk of cake and another berry. Repeat to make 15 more kebabs.
- Grill kebabs on West Bend® Platinum Edition™ Grill/Griddle at 350°F until grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with cream mixture.
yield: 4-6 servings