Browse Recipes By Products:
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
For use in 1.5 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
- 1⅓ Fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ⅔ cup Granulated sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup Whole milk
- 1⅓ cups Heavy cream
- ½ - ¾ tsp. Vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, lemon juice and ¼ cup sugar. Stir gently and let strawberries sit in the juices for 2 hours.
- Drain the strawberries, reserving the juice for use in the liquid mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and remaining Granulated sugar.
- Using a wisk or hand mixer on low, blend until sugar is completely dissolved, about 1 - 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream, remaining strawberry juice and vanilla.
- Pour into the freezer canister and freeze as directed.
- During the last 5 minutes of freezing, add the strawberry slices.