Browse Recipes By Products:
Fresh Peach Ice Cream
For use in 1.5 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
2 cups Whole milk
2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1⅓ cups)
Juice of ½ lemon
½ cup Sugar
2 Egg yolks
- In medium saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until bubbly around the edges. Do NOT boil. Remove from heat and cover to keep hot.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the peaches, lemon juice, and ¼ cup sugar until very thick. With the machine running, gradually add the hot milk. Return the mixture to the saucepan.
- In a blender or food processor, beat the egg yolks and remaining ¼ cup sugar until very thick.
- Add the mixture to the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat and place pan in a bowl of ice water. Stir for 2 minutes to cool the mixture.
- Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Pour into the freezer canister and freeze as directed.
Variations: Fresh Banana Ice Cream
- Use the recipe and directions above substituting 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced in place of the peaches.