Browse Recipes By Products:
Cranberry Nut Bread
A moist quick bread with a faint hint of orange flavor and the tang of cranberries.
- 2 cups (8-ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ cup orange juice
- Grease 9 x 5-inch or 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with solid hydrogenated shortening. Dust with flour and shake out excess. Set covered cooking pot on base and preheat at “HI” while mixing ingredients.
- Grind cranberries and walnuts with coarse blade of food chopper. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter or margarine to form a coarse mixture. Make an indentation in mixture and add egg, orange peel, and orange juice. Beat only until lumps disappear. Add chopped cranberries and walnuts. Stir until evenly mixed. Pour batter into pan. Place pan in cooking pot.
- Cover and bake at “HI” for 3 hours. Do not remove cover during this time. To test for doneness at end of recommended baking time, insert a metal cake tester in several places including center of bread. If cake tester comes out clean, bread is done. If batter clings to cake tester, continue baking for 15-minute intervals. Remove bread from pan and cool on rack.
- Makes a 1½-pound loaf.