Browse Recipes By Products:
No one can resist these taste-tempting rolls, especially when warm from the oven. Can be made the night before, refrigerated and then baked in the morning if desired. Just let rolls sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes before baking.
- 6-1/2 ounces (3/4 cup + 1 tablespoons) milk, 75-85°F
- 1 egg, large
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- - or -
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of them into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make an indentation in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.
- Select desired setting. Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. When dough is done, turn breadmaker off and unlock and remove the bread pan. Place dough on floured surface. Knead dough about 1 minute, the let rest 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, about 15 x 10 inches. Spread ¼ cups melted butter over dough to within 1 inch of edges. Then sprinkle ¼ cup sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped nuts evenly over dough.Roll dough up tightly on long side. Press edges to seal and form a 12-inch long, evenly shaped roll.
With a knife or 8-inch long piece of thread or dental floss, cut roll into 1- inch pieces. (If using thread or dental floss, slide under roll and criss-cross ends to cut neatly through dough.)Place rolls into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on rack for 10 to 15 minutes, then drizzle with powdered sugar icing made by combining 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tablespoons milk and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Blend until smooth. If too thin or thick, add more powdered sugar or milk, respectively, until desired consistency is reached. Cut apart and remove from pan.
- Makes 12 large rolls.