Browse Recipes By Products:
Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato
For use in 4 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
4 cups Whole Milk
2 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup plus ½ cup Sugar
8 Egg Yolks
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread
1 cup Hazelnuts, crushed, optional
- In a saucepan combine the milk, cream, and 1 cup sugar over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whip the egg yolks with the remaining sugar using an electric mixer until the eggs have become thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes.
- Pour ½ cup of the warm milk and cream mixture into the egg mixture and stir.
- Add this mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place a strainer over a medium bowl and pour the warm custard mixture through the strainer.
- Stir in the vanilla and hazelnut spread until it dissolves.
- Pour mixture into the freezing canister and follow the directions in the “Using Your 4 Qt. Ice Cream Maker” section. Do not fill the freezing canister above the “MAX” line, as the mixture will expand during freezing.
- To serve, scoop gelato into serving bowls and top with hazelnuts.