Browse Recipes By Products:
Chocolate Delight Cake
Who says you need an oven to cook a tasty chocolate cake? Not West Bend!
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with solid hydrogenated shortening. Dust with flour and shake out excess. Set covered pot on base and preheat at setting #5 while mixing ingredients.
- Into a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- With electric mixer, beat ingredients on low speed just until moistened; increase speed to medium and mix until batter is smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Pours batter into pan. Place pan in pot.
- Cover and bake at Setting #5 for 1 -1/2 hours. Do not remove cover during this time. To test for doneness at the end of recommended baking time, insert a metal cake tester in several places including center of cake. If cake tester comes out clean, cake is done. If batter clings to cake tester continue baking for 15 minutes intervals. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and cool on rack. Frost if desired.
Makes a 1-1/2 pound cake.