Browse Recipes By Products:
Basic Vanilla Ice Cream (cooked)
For use in 1.5 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
1 cup Whole milk, well chilled
½ cup Granulated sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 cup Whipping cream
1 - 2 tsp. Vanilla extract (or to taste)
- Combine milk and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just bubbly around the edges. Do NOT boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Beat egg in small bowl. Stirring constantly, slowly pour about ½ cup of hot milk mixture into the beaten egg. Add egg to the remaining hot milk mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat, pour into a bowl and cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Using a whisk, stir the whipping cream and vanilla into the chilled mixture.
- Pour into the freezer canister and freeze as directed.
- You can add other ingredients to the ice cream during the last 5 minutes of the freezing process. Add ½ cup of any of the following: Chocolate Chips, Crumbled Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Candy-coated Chocolate Pieces, Crushed Peppermint Candies, Crumbled/Chopped Candy Bars. Add up to 1 cup of the following fruit purees: Strawberries, Bananas, Peaches, Cherries, Blueberries, Raspberries