Browse Recipes By Products:
Basic Chocolate Ice Cream (cooked)
For use in 1.5 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
- ⅔ cup Whole milk
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar
- 5 oz. Bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate squares, finely chopped
- 1⅓ cups Heavy cream
- ½ - ¾ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Combine mik, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just bubbly around the edges and the chocolate is melted. Do NOT boil.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla to taste. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour into the freezer canister and freeze as directed.