Browse Recipes By Products:
Shrimp and Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 ribs celery, sliced on diagonal
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced OR an 8-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- ½ cup beef broth OR 1 beef bouillon cube dissolved in ½ cup water
- Preheat 1-tablespoon oil in Wok at 375°F/190.5°C. Add shrimp and stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until opaque. Push up side of Wok or remove.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to Wok, heat briefly. Add celery and stir-fry 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until just tender. Push up side. Add mushrooms and stir-fry 2 minutes for fresh, 1 minute for canned. Add soy sauce, ginger, and pepper. Stir to mix with mushrooms, and then push mushrooms up the side.
- Combine cornstarch with water and broth. Pour into Wok stirring until thickened. Return shrimp if removed. Stir gently to combine all ingredients. Reduce heat to warm for serving.
- Serves 4.