Browse Recipes By Products:
Baked Fish Au Gratin
An easy dinner that doesn't taste that way. Very nice and comforting.
- 3 pounds frozen white fish fillets, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Rinse fish fillets and drain on paper toweling. Set aside.
- Melt butter in slow cooking pot on range top over medium heat. Add flour, salt, dry mustard and nutmeg stirring to blend. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add lemon juice and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads.
- Place fish fillets into cooking pot, spooning sauce over fish to cover. Cover and cook at Setting # 5 for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until fish flakes. Reduce heat to Setting # 2 for serving.
- Makes 6 servings.