Browse Recipes By Products:
Quick & Easy Sweet n Sour Chicken
The pineapple adds the sweetness and the flavor is just wonderful. Try it tonight.
- 3 pounds chicken parts, skinned if desired
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple slices, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 8-ounce bottle creamy french salad dressing
- 1 envelope dried onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- Place chicken pieces in slow cooking pot. In bowl, combine pineapple juice, salad dressing, soup mix and lemon peel. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook at Setting # 3 for 6 to 7 hours or at Setting # 5 for 3 to 4 hours.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, arrange pineapple slices and green pepper strips over chicken to heat through.
- Arrange chicken, pineapple and green pepper on large platter. If desired, thicken juices with 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water. Stir slowly until juices are thickened slightly. Pour over chicken.
- Makes 6 servings.