Browse Recipes By Products:
Chicken Piccata with Balsamic Pan Roasted Vegetables and Potato Gnocchi
- 6 - 4 oz. chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 4 tbsp. all purpose flour
- pinch kosher salt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup carrots, diced
- ¼ cup zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup yellow squash, diced
- ¼ cup red pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- 4 oz. chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked pasta gnocchi or refrigerated potato gnocchi
- Preheat the West Bend® Platinum Edition™ Non-Stick Electric Skillet to 375°F. Season the pounded chicken breasts lightly with kosher salt and cracked pepper and dredge both sides of the chicken in the flour.
- Add 2 ½ tbsp. olive oil to the hot pan and sear each piece of chicken individually on both sides until browned, about a 2 minutes per side.
- Add the capers, chicken stock, lemon juice, and reduce the Skillet temperature to 225°F. Simmer the chicken and sauce for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken and sauce, and reserve in a warm place.
- Return the temperature of the Skillet to 375°F. Toss the diced vegetables with the garlic, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil, and cook until the edges begin to brown, about 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the gnocchi and sauté for about 3 more minutes. Add the chicken breasts and sauce back in and cover with lid and cook for another 3 minutes until the entire dish is heated throughout. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.