Browse Recipes By Products:
Try this special recipe from Northeastern Wisconsin. Sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 - 2 pound stewing hen, cut-up
- 1 - 1 1/2 pound beef bone
- 1 1/2 cups 1/4-inch diced onions
- 1 1/2 cups 1/4-inch diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 quarts water
- 3 cups 1/4-inch shredded cabbage
- 3 cups 1/2 -inch diced potatoes
- 1 - 6 ounce can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-ounce can peas, undrained
- In pot, combine chicken, beef bone, onions, carrots, celery, salt, pepper and water. Cover and place pot on base. Simmer at Setting #5 for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove beef bone. Remove any meat remaining on bone and place in pot. Add cabbage and potatoes. cover and simmer at Setting #5 for 1 hour.
- Remove large chicken bones. remove any meat remaining on bones and place in pot. Add tomato paste, tomatoes and peas. Cover and simmer at Setting #5 for 1 hour. Keep warm for serving at Setting #2.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.