Browse Recipes By Products:
“Baked” Pasta Casserole
- 1 lb. Rigatoni, ziti, or penne pasta
- ¾ -1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 med. Carrot, chopped finely
- 1 med. Onion, chopped finely
- 1 med. rib Celery, chopped finely
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can Tomato purée
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella
- 2½ tsp. Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat pressure cooker to brown setting. Add 1 - 2 tbsp. butter to the cooking vessel, then cook the onions, carrots, and celery for about 5 minutes. Add the meat, ½ tsp. salt, and pepper to taste. Cook meat until browned.
- Add pasta, tomato puree, remaining salt and stir to combine. Add enough water to cover pasta completely.
Note: do not use quick cooking pastas.
- Securely close lid to locked position, set pressure limiting valve to “Airtight”. Follow basic directions for pressure cooking, and cook at low pressure for 5 minutes.
- Use quick pressure release when cooking has completed. If pasta is too done, reduce cooking time by 1 - 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over finished dish prior to serving.