Browse Recipes By Products:
Meat Loaf with Tomato Sauce
Meatloaf with a savory tomato sauce, just like mom's.
- 3 medium sized tomatoes (1 pound) quartered or 1 - 1 pound can whole stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 garlic clove, minces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup soda cracker crumbs
- Set covered pot on base. Preheat at Setting #5 while mixing ingredients.
- In mixing bowl, place tomato, garlic, parsley, egg and salt, beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine ground beef with cracker crumbs and 1 1/4 cups of tomato mixture. Shape into loaf and place in 9 x 5inch loaf pan. Pour remaining tomato mixture over meat loaf. Place pan in pot.
- Cover and bake at Setting #5 for 2 hours. Place inverted platter over loaf pan and turn platter right side up to remove loaf from pan.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.