Browse Recipes By Products:
6 hour Braised Short Ribs, “Pot Roast” Style
- 6 each 8-10 oz. bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 3 tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- beef broth to cover the ribs, about 4 cups
- ¼ cup raisins
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 4 oz. peeled pearl onions
- 3 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the West Bend® Platinum Edition™ Non-Stick Electric Skillet to 400°F and heat the oil. Brown the ribs on all sides, remove from the pan, reserve.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the pan and caramelize lightly. Add the tomato paste, salt and pepper and cook stirring slowly for 3 more minutes. Stir in the flour, then add the broth, thyme, bay leaf, and the browned short ribs, reduce the heat to 200°F and cover.
- Simmer for 3 hours and turn the ribs over. Cover and cook for another 2 hours. Add the pearl onions and simmer for one hour longer.
Makes 6 servings.