Browse Recipes By Products:
Vanilla Ice Cream
For use in 4 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1½ tbsp Corn Starch
¼ tsp Salt
7 cups Milk
5 Eggs, beaten
1½ tbsp Vanilla
2¾ cups Heavy Cream
1½ cups Half and Half
- Mix the sugar, corn starch, and salt in a large saucepan. Over medium heat, slowly stir in the milk, stirring constantly.
- Very slowly add the beaten eggs and continue to stir. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Slowly add vanilla, half and half, and heavy cream.
- Pour into a large glass bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until mixture has chilled.
- Remove from refrigerator. Pour mixture into the freezing canister and follow the directions in the “Using Your Ice Cream Maker” section. Do not fill the freezing canister above the “MAX” line, as the mixture will expand during freezing.