Browse Recipes By Products:
Sweet Corn Ice Cream
For use in 4 Qt. Ice Cream Makers.
2 cups Heavy Cream
3 cups Milk
4 ears Sweet Corn, shucked, save kernels, cut cobs into 1-inch pieces
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
12 Egg Yolks
⅔ cup plus ½ cup Sugar
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and corn cobs. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove corn cobs with a slotted spoon.
- Whisk the egg yolks and ⅔ cup sugar together in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the hot cream mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and stir over low heat for 1 minute, until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water, ½ cup sugar and the corn kernels to a simmer, cooking until kernels are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the corn mixture to the custard.
- Allow it to cool overnight in a bowl with a piece of plastic wrap against the top to prevent a skin from forming.
- Pour mixture into the freezing canister and follow the directions in the “Using Your 4 Qt. Ice Cream Maker” section. Do not fill the freezing canister above the “MAX” line, as the mixture will expand during freezing.