Browse Recipes By Products:
Slow Cooker Stew
Tender onions, carrots and potatoes slow cooked with chunks of beef. Quick and easy.
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 3 carrots – cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery – cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes – cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 14½ ounce can whole tomatoes – undrained – cut up
- 1 10½ ounce cans beef broth
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
Cooking Time: LO = 8 to 9 hours HI = 5 to 6 hours
- Combine all ingredients in cooking vessel, stir to blend.
- Place cooking vessel into the heating base, cover and cook at desired heat setting for time given or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf before serving. Set at Keep Warm for serving if desired.
- Serves 4