Browse Recipes By Products:
- 1 ½ cups dried navy beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage
- 1 - 16 ounce can whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- Rinsed and sort beans. Place beans, water, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bacon in slow cooking pot. Cover and cook at Setting #3 for 13 to 15 hours or overnight until beans are tender. Cooking time of beans can be reduced by precooking method as follows: Place beans and water in West Bend Slow cooking pot (or a 3 quart saucepan). Place pot on range top unit and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads or pour bean mixture from saucepan into slow cooking pot. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bacon. Stirring to blend. Cook, covered at Setting #3 (low) for 4 to 5 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients to cooking pot, stirring to blend. Increase heat to Setting #5 (high) and cook 1 to 2 hours or until vegetables and noodles are done. Reduce heating to Setting #2 (low) for serving.