Browse Recipes By Products:
Chicken Vegetable Stew
Healthy and great tasting, this will keep you warm for the winter season.
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken
- 3 carrots – cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery – cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 8 ounce can mushroom stems and pieces – undrained
- 1 15 ounce jar whole small onions – undrained – OR 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 - 10 ounce bag frozen peas – rinsed with hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water<li>1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 - 10 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Cooking Time: LO = 8 to 10 hours HI = 5 to 6 hours
- Place chicken parts, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onions and peas in cooking vessel. In medium bowl combine salt, thyme, paprika, sage, pepper, water, tomato paste and broth. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Place cooking vessel into heating base, cover and cook at desired heat setting for time given or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken pieces and set aside to cool slightly. Remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. Return meat to cooking vessel; stir to combine.
- Set control to HI. Combine cornstarch and water; stir slowly into stew until thickened. Set at Keep Warm for serving if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.