Browse Recipes By Products:
Herbed Pork Roast
A very aromatic dinner, where everyone fights for the end pieces of roast. The garlic is a wonderful addition and adds great flavor.
- 3 large garlic cloves – quartered
- 2½-3 Lb pork roast – boneless or bone-in
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch - optional
- 2 tablespoons water - optional
Cooking Time: LO = 9 to 10 hours HI = 5 to 6 hours
- Cut 12 small pockets into roast and insert garlic pieces. In small bowl combine salt, thyme, sage, cloves and lemon peel. Rub on pork roast.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the cooking vessel. Add roast. Place cooking vessel into heating base, cover and cook at desired heat setting for time given or until meat thermometer inserted into center of roast reads 170°F or higher
- Remove roast and allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Remove garlic pieces. Juices may be thickened for gravy if desired. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Set control to HI. Stir slowly into juices until thickened.
- Serves 4 to 6.