Browse Recipes By Products:
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Double Crust
This recipe uses all wheat flour for a heartier pizza crust. This recipe makes two 12 or 14 inch pizzas. Cookie sheets can also be used.
10 ounces (1-1/4 cups) water, 75-85°F
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- or -
2 teaspoons bread machine/fast rise yeast
12 to 16 ounces pizza sauce, favorite meat, toppings and cheese
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of them into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make an indentation in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.
- Select desired setting. Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. When dough is done, turn breadmaker off and unlock and remove the bread pan. Place dough onto floured surface. Knead about 1 minute, then let rest 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out to fit 12- or 14-inch pizza pans. Place dough on greased pan which has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Press dough into pan, forming and edge. Let dough rise in warm, draft free place for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over crust, then top with favorite meat, toppings and shredded cheese. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned on top. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.