Browse Recipes By Products:
Country White Bread, 2 lb.
This recipe uses water rather than milk which gives it a crispier crust. A classic white bread that everyone will love.
- 11½ ounces (1¼ cup + 3 tbsp) water, 80°F
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast - or -
- 1½ teaspoons bread machine/fast rise yeast
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of them into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make an indentation in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.
- Select desired setting. Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. When bread is done, turn breadmaker off and, using oven mitts, unlock and remove the bread pan. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.