Browse Recipes By Products:
Yogurt Bread, 1 lb.
The addition of plain yogurt adds a little tang to this bread, but very subtle. A good basic, general purpose bread.
- 3½ ounces (¼ cup + 3 tablespoons) water, 80°F
- 1½ tablespoons butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup yogurt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1½ tablespoons dry milk
- 1½ sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons dry active yeast - or -
- 1 teaspoon bread machine/fast rise yeast
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting BASIC WHITE (1, 2, 3). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.