Browse Recipes By Products:
Spiced Fruit Bread, 1 lb.
A spicy twist to a holiday tradition.
- 1½ fl ounces (3 tablespoons) water, 80°F
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, large
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground mace
- 1½ teaspoons active dry yeast -or-
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting BASIC WHITE (1, 2, 3). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.