Browse Recipes By Products:
Carrot Wheat Bread, 1 lb.
A moist, light textured wheat bread that's sure to please. A great bread for sandwiches.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) water, 75-85°F
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast -or-
- 1½ teaspoons bread machine yeast
- ⅓ cup ground nuts, optional
- ⅓ cup raisins, optional
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.<
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting WHOLE WHEAT (4, 5, 6). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.
A dense bread, packed with fiber since all whole wheat flour is used. Longer rise time at wheat settings provide great results. If bread collapses during baking period, add 1 or 1-½ tablespoons vital wheat gluten to recipe for respective loaf size to prevent this from happening. Vital wheat gluten can be found in moth health food stores.