Browse Recipes By Products:
1 hr French Bread, 1 lb.
Crusty on the outside, chewy on the inside. Just the way it should be.
- 6 ounces (¾ cup) water, 75-85°F
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ teaspoons bread machine/fast rising yeast
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to pan. bread out of pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for ONE HOUR CYCLE. Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake and cool on rack before slicing.