Browse Recipes By Products:
Wheat ‘N Yogurt Bread 1.5 lb.
Use plain, non-fat yogurt as part of the liquid for this light textured wheat bread. A good, all purpose bread everyone will like.
- 8 ounces (1 cup) water, 75-85°F
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1⅓ cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast -or-
- 1 ½ teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting WHOLE WHEAT (4, 5, 6). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.
A dense bread, packed with fiber since all whole wheat flour is used. Longer rise time at wheat settings provide great results. If bread collapses during baking period, add 1 or 1-½ tablespoons vital wheat gluten to recipe for respective loaf size to prevent this from happening. Vital wheat gluten can be found in most health food stores.