Browse Recipes By Products:
Pumpernickel Rye Bread, 1.5 lb.
A little bit of cocoa gives this bread its characteristic dark color. A good bread for a hearty sandwich.
- 8½ fl ounces (1 cup + 1 tablespoon) water, 80°F
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2¼ cups bread flour
- ½ cup medium rye flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, unsweetened
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast -or-
- 1½ teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting BASIC WHITE (1, 2, 3). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.