Browse Recipes By Products:
Potato Bread, 1.5 lb.
An old-time favorite, updated using instant potato flakes. Save liquid from cooling potatoes to replace water in this recipe for added flavor.
- 9 fl ounces (1 cup + 2 tablespoons) water, 80°F
- 1½ tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups bread flour
- ½ cup instant potatoes flakes
- 1½ tablespoons dry milk
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast -or-
- 1½ teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting BASIC WHITE (1, 2, 3). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.