Browse Recipes By Products:
Multi-Grain Wheat Bread, 1.5 lb.
Seven grain cereal adds fiber to this French bread. Seven grain cereal is available in most health food stores and contains such grains as wheat, oats, millet, triticale, soybeans, buckwheat and yellow corn.
- 9 fl ounces (1 cup + 2 tablespoons) water, 80°F
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- ½ cup 7-grain cereal
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast -or-
- 1½ teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.<
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting WHOLE WHEAT (4, 5, 6). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.
A dense bread, packed with fiber since all whole wheat flour is used. Longer rise time at wheat settings provide great results. If bread collapses during baking period, add 1 or 1-½ tablespoons vital wheat gluten to recipe for respective loaf size to prevent this from happening. Vital wheat gluten can be found in moth health food stores.