Browse Recipes By Products:
Pizza Dough Single Crust
This single crust recipe will make enough dough for a 12- to 14-inch pizza. Crust will be thicker in a 12-inch pan, thinner in a 14-inch pan, or use a large cookie sheet. Top pizza with your favorite sauce and toppings.
6 ounces (¾ cup) water, 75-85°F
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2¼ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- or -
1½ teaspoons bread machine/fast rise yeast
6 to 8 ounces pizza sauce, favorite meat, toppings and cheese
- Add liquid ingredients to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for Dough Setting. Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, unlock pan from bread maker. Place dough onto floured surface. Knead about 1 minute, then let rest 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out to fit 12- or 14-inch pizza pan. Place dough on greased pan which has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Press dough into pan, forming and edge. Let dough rise in warm, draft free place for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Spread pizza sauce evenly over crust, then top with favorite meat, toppings and shredded cheese. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned on top. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.