Browse Recipes By Products:
Kathy's English Muffins
Make these and some homemade strawberry jam and it makes a great breakfast. Enjoy!
1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
2 ¼ cups bread flour
¼ cup dry milk
¼ cup wheat germ
¼ cup quick cook oats
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
¼ cup corn meal (for rolling out)
- Measure all ingredients except the cornmeal into the bread pan.
- Set on the dough setting.
- When done, sprinkle cornmeal over a flat surface and roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 ½ to 3 inch circles and place them, cornmeal side down, onto an ungreased baking sheet and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat electric griddle to 250°F. Cook cornmeal side down for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn and cook another 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- This makes 10 to 12 3-inch muffins. They should come out with nooks and crannies on the inside, just like the name brand muffins!